Monday, January 11, 2010

Organic Food Review! 2 Of My Favorite Organic Chocolate Craving Snacks!

Craig and I decided that it would be best for our family to eat organic only food after watching the documentary Food, Inc. . We weren't exactly sure where to find it in Fort Wayne, IN, so naturally, we asked around. Numerous people said Fresh Market, so we thought, that's definitely were we should start. We get there only to find an overpriced tiny tiny tiny! (did I mention it was small?) grocery store with regular food, specialty food and a small amount of organic food mixed in here and there. It was a huge dissapointment. So I did some research online and found a co-op grocery. They had a lot of the specialty vegan/vegetarian/organic food but again, super overpriced. I plan on going back there in the spring to get fresh veggies and fruits, but this also wasnt going to work. So where did we end up? Meijer. They have the most amazing selection of organic food at a fraction of the price at the other stores. They have more of it too and to top it off, the have their own line of organics with everything from ketchup to baked bean to frozen veggies. I was thrilled out of my mind! So after stocking my cart full of awesome organic foods, here are a few things that I found that arent Meijer brand(which I plan on doing in another blog soon) that you will most likely find in stores near you.




So where to start. Best to start with my favorite discovery, the Luna Bar for Women.
Packed with vitamins this is by far the best tasting snack I have found. Sweet crunchy awesomeness. I wish it had more of a grahham cracker taste to it, but still delicious! 70% organic with the other 30% set at high standards. Another favorite flavor is Chocolate Peppermint Stick.

Craig eats the Clif version from this company. He seems to enjoy them as well.
Cascadian Farm has an entire line of organic foods. One of their products, the Chocolate Chip Chewy Granola Bars, are my sons favorite snack!! They are far less sugary than most other regular brands and the taste when you eat your first bar is one of.. do I like this.. or not.. but then after awhile you begin to notice how sugary they really are and the rest taste terrible. I also LOVE these. I wish there where a few more chocolate chips in them, but still a good amount for kids. I highly recommend Cascadian Farm anything. So far, I have really liked all of their food.

Well, I had a lot more food to review, but seeing as its Lelands bath time, I really have to run. I promise to do some more reviews of things that I like, love, and absolutely HATE!!!!!

Stay Green!

nat

No comments: